This unique e-bike tour meanders through some of the best wine land scenery in South Africa. We e-bike from Stellenbosch to Franschhoek. Meet local people and taste some of the great cuisine this region has to offer.
If you are a regular cyclists you will be able to do this tour and e-bike Stellenbosch to Franschhoek. Riders need to have intermediate mountain biking skills to do the tour and a general fitness level is required. Activity level 3/5.
We are striving to be environmentally friendly and want to cut down on plastic bottles. Free water fountain in the office available to fill up with water, please just bring your own bottle. Aluminium water bottles for sale at office.
- Start at 9:00 from our office in Stellenbosch.
- Cycle mostly jeep tracks and mountain bike trails over the Helshoogte Pass, a route used by the first Dutch and French families who settled in the Olifantshoek valley in 1688. Later known as Franschhoek.
- Enjoy fantastic views and sites along the way.
- Learn about small mission stations and local people living in the Banghoek Valley.
- Get a chance to spot Eland and Blue Wildebeest as we cycle along multiple mountain streams in the Banhoek Conservancy.
- Enjoy lunch and wine tasting on a Franschhoek Wine estate.
- Have time to explore the beautiful town of Franschhoek.
- Transport back to Stellenbosch by vehicle.
Good to know
- This tour is weather dependent and will be cancelled in case of extreme rain or extreme heat
- Distance is approximately 40 km
- Elevation is approximately 867 m
- Road is mostly jeep track and MTB trails, approximately 15 km of tar road
- Ride duration is approximately 4 hours
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Lunch on a wine estate in Franschhoek
- Wine tasting
- Time to explore Franschhoek
- Transport back to Stellenbosch in afternoon
- Items of personal nature
- Water bottle
- Cycling pants (we have gel seats on request)
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Warm jacket if it is a cool or rainy day
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
The tour from Stellenbosch to Franschoek was great, adventurous and fun. My tour guide Sevo Tamboer was friendly, helpful and very patient. I will definitely tour again with you guys. Adventure Shop rocks
Excellent tour service! They were very punctual and answered all my questions. Booked the transport to and game drive at Inverdoorn Reserve. Had a great time there. The following weekend I booked the Shark Cage Diving. Sadly I got sea motion sickness. My guide Colin was very considered and bought a bottle of mineral water and some mints for me.
We went for the ebike ride from Stellenbosch to franschhoek. At first glance it might appear expensive but it's actually great value. The ebikes are great. You have a stop for a drink then at the end lunch with small wine tasting included. They also provide water and a support vehicle which will follow behind en route. You start at 9am and get back about 4 pm. We had Sevo and Colin looking after us for the day, great fun. Highly recommended :-)
Bike was fine but when I arrived to rent a bike on a Saturday, it was told me that I needed to return the bike earlier because they were going to close. The service is very amateur.
Strict Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 7 days before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 7 days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.
Three Wine Districts Tasting Tour